Discover our full range of services
COMPREHENSIVE EXPERT EYE CARE
We are committed to ensuring you and your family have good sight and healthy eyes. Of course, we want you to look good too and that’s why we stock an extensive range of frames in all styles, sizes and price-brackets.
Everyone in Scotland is entitled to free NHS eye checks within a relevant time period. Early detection and treatment of eye conditions, such as Glaucoma and Diabetic retinopathy, may minimise visual problems long term. An eye examination may also reveal health issues such as High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Heart Disease, raised cholesterol and pigment lesions.
The premises are spacious and comfortable with suitable background music (PPL Licensed), to create a memorable journey from arrival to departure.
- Initial discussion of your visual needs and symptoms.
- Assessment of focusing range and ability.
- Ensure spectacle correction, if needed, is appropriate for your needs.
- Check each eye coordinates with the other.
- Make sure eyes are healthy using latest diagnostic instruments including digital photography and OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography).
- Measure both central and peripheral vision.
- Relevant eye pressure checks.
- Evaluate health of lids, lashes and front of eyes using 3D Slit-Lamp.
Poor vision in childhood may impact significantly not only on their ability to see but also on a child’s confidence, hand-eye coordination and sports ability.
An eye assessment is recommended to all children over age 2, especially with family history of squint, ‘lazy’ eye or spectacles. Reading ability is not essential; fun tests are now available modified to the child’s ability or interest.
Children’s eye test includes:
- Vision check using pictures/letters.
- Ensure eyes move together and that one does not ‘drift’.
- Assess health of the eyes.
- efraction to check if spectacles are required – this does not require detailed response from the child.
- Colour vision and 3D checks.
- Free pair of spectacles up to NHS voucher value.
We welcome your comments online